Rebecca Harms, Green Member of the European Parliament is travelling to Kyiv from 23 – 26 November to participate at the official commemoration of the 85th anniversary of the Holodomor in the Parliament of Ukraine, the National Opera in Kyiv and at the symposium «Ukraine remembers, the world recognizes» with participation of President Poroshenko and other international leaders.
On Sunday she will discuss at a conference about the Human Rights situation on Crimea together with Tamila Tasheva, Head of Board of CrimeaSOS, and others.
Conference “Human Rights in Crimea: a view from Germany”
Sonntag 25. Nov 2018 16:00 im
Hospitalna St, 4, Kyiv, Ukraine, 01601
15:45 – 16:00 Welcome coffee
16:00 – 16:10 Opening (Alexey Kozlov, director of Solidarität mit der Bürgerbewegung in Russland e.V.)
16:10 – 16:30 Presentation of the study “Human Rights in Crimea: a view from Germany” (Alexey Kozlov, director of Solidarität mit der Bürgerbewegung in Russland e.V.)
16:30 – 17:45 Discussion on the results of the study on the status and prospects of popularizing the issues about Crimea and Ukraine in Germany and the European Union as a whole. Speakers:
● Tamila Tasheva, Head of Board, CrimeaSOS;
● Alim Aliev, programme manager, Crimean House (Kyiv), co-creator, CrimeaSOS;
● Anton Naumluk, journalist, correspondent, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty;
● Arsen Zhumadilov, Head of Board, Crimean Institute for Strategic Studies;
● Rebecca Harms, Member of the European Parliament from Germany, the Greens/European Free Alliance Group.
17:45 – 18:15 Session “Questions and Answers”
18:15 – 18:30 Summaries